,
Message sent from:

History of the school

History of the school

Crazies Hill Primary is set in a wonderful rural location in the hamlet of Crazies Hill. It is a small, Church of England school in the Wokingham Local Education Authority and within the Oxford Diocese.

The school has traditionally drawn pupils from a very wide area including: Wargrave, Warren Row, Twyford, Ruscombe, Knowl Hill, Remenham, Aston and Burchetts Green.

The school logo is a buttercup since the name ‘Crazies Hill’ is derived from the ‘crazie’, one of the names by which the buttercup was once known.

There has been a school on the same site in Crazies Hill since 1861. The original school was built at a cost of £752 and 2d! After the opening ceremony, a local paper praised the ‘musical powers of the children’. In 1961, one hundred years later, the original school was replaced by the current building at a cost of £16,000.

The rising popularity of the school resulted in a new classroom being added in 1989, much of the funding being contributed by the PTA. The school continued to grow and a third classroom was opened in October 1997 at a cost of £80,000, funded by Berkshire LEA. A fourth classroom was opened in September 2001. The new classrooms blend well with the existing building and the school now looks as though it was always designed to have four classrooms.

empire-day
X
Hit enter to search